When people talk,
Most people never listen.
- Listening intently allows me to hear the cry of others.
- When others approach me, especially with sadness in their eyes, I stop what I am doing and sit down to listen. STOP, DROP and LISTEN.
- Using my eyes and ears together, and sometimes touch, allows me to really connect with someone else.
- Instead of focusing on my own opinion of their situation, I pay close attention to their message – to what’s in their heart.
- Often, the heart already knows but requires space and time in which to give voice to both the problem and the solution.
- Be patient when listening.
- I embrace the people around me wholeheartedly.