Who Hasn’t heard about Twitter? OK, if you have just started using the internet, you may not be aware that this social network exists or other related sites. Why don’t you surf the web now and see what Twitter can offer you?
If you are interested in using it, you first need to sign up. Most of the individuals you will find on Twitter want to meet other people. They want to stay connected almost 24/7 and they want to gain new friends.
Of course, there are those who simply want to make contacts to move their business to a different level. Twitter marketing is also possible these days but to ensure success, you must follow certain rules. Just like in real life, it is hard to sell to people when you don’t have a relationship with them.
Many businesses have experienced growth and expansion through various internet and social media resources. Consider the following rules to twitter success:
1. Visibility. You need to be visible, be seen on Twitter. Spend asome time everyday posting tweets and responding to the tweets you receive. This is an excellent way of getting to know more people better. There are many tolls you can use to help you tweet while you are unavailable; like at work or asleep. There are also tools available, such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck and more that can help you establish a routine and figure out when most of your tweets are read and responded to.
You must first determine your Twitter routine. Designate particular hours for tweeting everyday. You also need to follow a number of people every week and check on the people following you. If you’re frequently seen and heard on Twitter, you can increase your visibility. Consistency is key!
2. Powerful Profile. When you join Twitter, you will need to first create your profile page. Make the page interesting and powerful. What does your profile say about you? Your personality? Your interests? Can your profile bring out the curiosity of others? A powerful profile makes other people think and smile. Once they see your profile, they are immediately moved and they want to get to know you better. A powerful profile can generate immediate reaction towards you.
3. Twittering. When there are messages for you, try to answer them accordingly. When someone tweets you, thank him or her. Try looking at Twitter as a billboard where you’re free to post anything that you want others to know. By using it often and wisely, you can enhance your presence on Twitter.
4. Twitter Networking. In addition to making friends, you can also make business partners through Twitter. Millions of people use the site everyday. Connect with your target audience or market and befriend them. You goal is to strive to build good relationships. If you are in business, it is easier to talk people into patronizing your business or your cause when they have begun to get to know you and trust you.
5. Direct Messages. Sending direct messages is already part of the system. There you will find the list of people who are already talking to you, connecting, and thinking about you. Read the messages and let the people know how much you appreciate them. You can even use the list as valuable leads. But, DO NOT make your first connection with people using Direct Message (DM) or trying to sell something. This is a major turn-off to any would-be friend or client.
6. Videos and photos It is important to share videos and photos through Twitter, so that people can learn about the “real you.” This establishes a more intimate relationship because others can get a glimpse of your life. It can also be used for exposure.
It is not hard or complicated being successful on Twitter. Be visible, be consistent, and be respectful.