If we have no peace,
it is because we have forgotten that
we belong to each other.
This purpose of this blog can be summed up in a single word:
Welcome to my blog.
I am Martina McGowan, the mother of 2, and the Ma-mere (grandmother) of 3. I am a Chief Medical officer at an FQHC, a Gynecologist, a writer, minister, coach, blogger, and an artist. I have been teaching, mentoring, supporting and coaching people for over 30 years. I help people transform their lives; some physically, many mentally. I am a coach’s coach, and a life-long learner. I am student of life, people, the Bible, and more than that, I am a seeker of knowledge, wisdom and truth, blessed with a discerning spirit and a lot of common sense.
My hopes for this blog are many:
1. To provide a place to organize my thoughts and to become more intentional in how I proceed in the world, as well as to help you do the same.
2. To provide a record of the lessons and valuable insights I have learned over the course of my life, and to teach and share with others. On a more personal note, perhaps one day my children and / or grandchildren may find some value in these lessons and share them with their offspring, friends and workmates.
3. To share and collaborate with a community of like-minded people, so that we can continue to learn with and from each other as we each continue to be blessings in the lives of others. I firmly believe that we are blessed so that we may be a blessing to someone else! We walk in the Light so that we may share the Light.
4. To use the Bible as the valuable teaching tool that it is to improve our lives. Many people don’t enjoy learning or being taught Bible lessons. Here, I hope to help you digest some of the scriptures, see what treasures are locked inside the stories, encourage you to read and think about scripture a little differently, and translate them into valuable everyday life and leadership lessons.
5. To provide guidance through some of life’s thornier and more embarrassing issues.
6. To build community.
I am here to help you answer a few main questions:
- How do I apply the lessons that I learn to my current set of circumstances and situations?
- Where can I find real help for what’s going on right now?
- What are some of the next actionable and do-able steps that I can take to move my life forward, or at least in the direction I wish to go?
Please join me as a participant in this journey by suggesting topics, sharing content and insights, commenting, providing me with honest feedback, and digging a little deeper to answer the questions we pose to each other, and to ourselves.
I am available for speaking, writing and book reviews.
Please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Contact information:
About Me Page: http://about.me/MartinaMcGowan
FaceBook: Martina McGowan
LinkedIn: Martina McGowan, MD
Quora: Martina McGowan
HealthTap: Dr. Martina McGowan
May our time together be richly blessed.
Peace and Grace,
(Martina McGowan, MD)