Life can be very stressful…for everyone. Like many other things, it is the coping mechanisms, the way in which we choose the handle things, that get us through the moments. Developing better strategies, learning to rely on our ability to transform how we deal with ourselves and the world around us is like building any of our physical muscles. It takes time, practice, commitment, and perseverance. We seek progress, not perfection.
People will always notice something about you.
It might be the way you walk or the way you talk, or just simply your personality.
Live each day in the way you want to be remembered.
Live in such a way that people will be inspired by those unique qualities that you have and strive to live better lives for themselves.
Amaka Imani Nkosazana
If you would like to experience a more peaceful life, try adopting these 7 daily habits:
1. Create a calming morning ritual?
2. Get up early enough that you do not feel rushed in the morning
- Prepare for the day the night before.
3. Exercise a little.
5. Read a something uplifting, or listen to music while sipping your morning tea or coffee.
- News junkies will read the newspaper or watch the news on TV.
- There are so many better alternatives to calming your mind and preparing for the day ahead.
6. Take a walk around the block ?
7. Be thankful?
- Start a gratitude journal or jar.
- When life seems the most challenging, list the blessings in your life that bring you joy
8. Notice how you respond to different kinds of stress
- Do you feel overwhelmed and shut down?
- Do you overeat? Do you make a trip to pic up y0ur favorite comfort foods?
- Do you work to eliminate the stress?
- Do you find some way to distract yourself to avoid the situation in the future?
9. Develop healthier responses to stress?
- Begin replacing unhealthy responses with something more peaceful
- Try a cup of green tea, a few minutes of deep breathing, or calling a friend?
- Stop trying to multi-task.
- Only do one thing at a time.
- Attempting to multi-task is stressful and less productive.
- Minimize the noise in your life.
- Audible sounds, visual clutter, and the other items that you really have no need for all clutter up your mind as well as your environment.?
- Declutter your life
- Keep items that you need or love and get rid of the rest
Begin to see that most of the time negative issues are really not about you.
Each person has their own concerns to deal with.
The odds are very good that you are not the cause of someone else’s mood or behavior.