Walking in peace and harmony often sounds like an old, worn out cliché, but it is very important! If you are searching for ways to cultivate peace and feel more connected, know that this experience comes from within you, not from the outside world. Open your mind and heart and you can experience the joy and beauty you seek.
Each of us finds connection in different ways.
Here are a few suggestions you can use to discover your own path to peace:
To Help Yourself, Focus Both Internally and Elsewhere
Whatever you pay attention to will grow and expand. If you spend all of your energy focused on your own problems and challenges, you may miss seeing the good in the world. You also may not notice the good in yourself.
However, when you focus on others and on the world around you, you can begin to see that there is beauty everywhere. You also see your own value and worth, because you can help others and respond to them differently than you might otherwise engage them.
To live a peaceful and harmonious life, it helps to discover who you truly are. To do this, explore the world as well as your own thoughts and beliefs.
Try a few of these:
1. Volunteer to share your talents and time with other people in need.
2. Spend time in prayer and/ or meditation to see what you can do to move forward.
3. Speak with others who are on their own journey toward greater self-knowledge.
4. Analyze your past to see how you can use your experiences to improve your present.
5. Spend time with people who radiate love and joy and peace.
6. As much as possible, avoid negative people who want to bring you or others down.
7. Read about positive thinking or attend workshops for a new perspective on life.
8. Seek more constructive ways to interact with the people in your life.
9. Ask others how you can help foster better relationships with them.
10. Tell the people in your life, including yourself, how much they are valued. No one hears this often enough…
Walking in Peace Takes a Great Deal of Practice
There are no magic answers for how you can be more peaceful. Like anything else in life that is meaningful and worthwhile, desire, motivation, and effort are required. However, it is important to stay relaxed about the process. If you agonize over how to be peaceful and harmonious, you will likely slow down your own progress.
When you make a conscious decision to walk in peace and harmony, this does not mean that you will never get upset again. Life will always bring us challenges. There are always issues that can get us down, and keep us down, if you let them.
If you have peace in your life, though, you will see a lot fewer of those upsetting times. And with more peace in your heart, you will also perceive your challenges differently.
By learning about more yourself, you will learn what really matters to you. You will be able to let go of the smaller issues and focus your energy elsewhere.
By directing your time and thoughts toward what really counts, you will have a lot more harmony and peace. And, although the process takes time and patience, especially with yourself,, walking your unique path to peace adds richness and deep joy to your life.
If you have enjoyed this post, join me on BasicsMatter.com on Tuesdays…