7 things negative people will do to you.
Demean your value;
Destroy your image
Drive you crazily!
Dispose your dreams!
Discredit your imagination!
Deframe your abilities and
Disbelieve your opinions!
Stay away from negative people!
Negativity always finds a way to creep up in our lives from time to time. It is when negativity builds up too much or shows up too often that we are presented with yet another obstacle to overcome. A negative attitude can hold you back from truly living your life. But, you do not need to feel stuck because you can bring positive thoughts back into your life!
How Does Negativity Hold You Back?
Negativity can hold you back in a number of ways. Have you heard the saying: “If you think you can’t, you’re right”? It is true! Negative thoughts like this really do sabotage your efforts. The good news is that you can gain control over how you think. When you are expressing complaints and being negative all the time, it not only affects you, but it also affects every person around you. Negativity, itself, can be one of the reason why you create roadblocks that do not really exist! So isn’t it time to choose the positive? And, yes, it is a choice!
Manifesting A Positive Attitude
When you adopt a positive attitude, you open yourself up to the wonderful world of possibilities. When positive energy is in the air, you will be able to transform your negative feelings and perhaps even bring others out of their negativity clouds.
Believe it or not, positive thinking is very powerful. It is a driving force that can steer your life into the direction of your dreams. Remember that your thoughts affect how you feel. How you feel affects what you do. So, if you can change your thoughts, you can change your outcome.
Strategies for Developing A More Positive Attitude
How can you change your attitude? It really is much easier than most people think.
1. Visualize. When those negative thoughts come crawling into your mind, transform them with positive images. Visualize something that you find pleasing, peaceful, or exciting. Remember what your ultimate goals are and imagine what it feels like to achieve them.
2. Write it down. Keeping a journal has many positive effects. It helps you vent your frustrations, organize your life, and reflect on your innermost thoughts and feelings. Instead of focusing only on the bad, use your journal to chronicle the things that have gone well in your life lately.
3. Relax. Negative feelings are bound to arise when you are in a stressful state. It is important to take time out of each day for yourself. This means that you need to adopt a relaxation method that works for you. Perhaps you can take a bath, go to church, attend a yoga class, or meditate. When you are feeling more relaxed, a peaceful and positive mindset will likely overtake you.
4. Read and write affirmations. Grab a book with positive affirmations in it, visit this site every weekend, or better yet, write your own. Affirmations are a powerful way to bring positive thoughts into your present state of well being. Affirmations are short statements in the present tense that remind you of positive attributes and goals in your life. Here’s an example: “I am strong and competent.”
5. Live for and in the moment. Live your life for the moment and let go of everything else going on in your life. Negative feelings can easily overwhelm you if you are being consumed by past failures or the fear of the future. When you concentrate on the present, your life becomes more peaceful and positive.
In the end, go easy on yourself. You do not need to be your own worst critic. Instead, try being your biggest advocate! Just concentrate on your well being and you will develop a more positive attitude… and a more positive life!!!
To your continued success!!!