Just as when we wish to get focused, we clean out or clean up our workspace, there is another kind of cleaning and sorting you should be paying attention to as well, and that is keeping a clear and happy mindset. If you find that you are having trouble dealing with the stresses of life, and you need to sort out your thoughts, it will benefit you to use some of your cleaning time on yourself!
Here are a few strategies to help you reorganize your thoughts:
1. Dump your anger. There are many negative emotions that you can eliminate during your sorting out time, and anger is one of those emotions. You need to deal with it and then throw it away.
- Ensure that you handle it effectively rather than hide it away. If you try to just push it away, it will only grow stronger and cause you more stress.
- Face your anger and make a plan to find solutions for your issues, or simply let go.
2. Focus on forgiveness. Focus on forgiveness if you are hanging on to some negative emotions. You may not feel that the person you need to forgive deserves it, but you deserve to finally be at peace. Think of it as doing something for yourself instead of letting someone off the hook.
3. Make a list of your dreams and goals. Just as you make a list of your chores during a time of cleaning or purging, make a list of some of your short term and long term dreams and goals. When you list them out on paper, it gives you something concrete to look at throughout the course of the day.
- Post your list where you will see it often, and cross things off as you accomplish them.
4. Be open to new ideas. When you open yourself to new situations and ideas, you will bring a new freshness and more opportunities into your life. It might feel safe to stay closed off, but eventually you will feel that things have become stagnant and stale.
5. Have some freaking fun! With the right attitude, it can be fun to bring some change and freshness into your life. It is like getting a fresh start and you can focus on your new beginning.
6. Stop to enjoy life and nature. Learn to see the beauty in things that you have taken for granted. Take a walk and get some fresh air, or get up early one day to watch the sunrise. These things will give you new perspectives on life.
7. Focus on organization. Just like you would organize your house when it becomes too cluttered, take this opportunity to learn to organize your mind when it becomes cluttered as well. Avoid letting jumbled thoughts overpower your thinking process. Learn to use a calm approach and deal with one situation at a time.
- Take some time out of each day to clear your mind. You can accomplish this through meditation, prayer, or anything that relaxes you.
Remember, you are very important!!
Try a few of these strategies out to sort out your cluttered mind, and enjoy your new beginning free from stresses and negativity!