Make your ego porous.
Will is of little importance,
complaining is nothing,
fame is nothing.
Openness, patience, receptivity,
solitude is everything.
If low self-esteem has you feeling uninspired, there are brighter days ahead. You have the power to renew your ego within a short time. You may need to put in a little bit of work to overcome the roadblocks in the way of your rising self-esteem, but your results will certainly be worth the effort required.
Here are a few strategies that will help you develop a healthy ego boost in no time at all:
1. Consider your needs. Do what makes you happy without allowing what others may think about you or your decisions to deter you. Once you stop worrying about keeping up with appearances, your mind and soul will be free.
- Living without fear of judgment will allow you to open doors that were once only a dream. Often, you will even find that your financial situation will improve because you are not making expensive purchases to keep up appearances.
- Sometimes, family can be your biggest judgment worry. If this is your situation, learn to set boundaries and allow the negativity to roll off. Occasionally, it may be helpful to listen to the advice of family members, but when that advice turns to nothing but criticism or begins to run your life, remember to put yourself first.
2. Take pride in your appearance. When you present yourself in a neat and stylish manner, your ego will instantly increase because, when you look good, you feel good. You will automatically walk with your head a bit higher when you are feeling confident about your appearance.
- Contrary to popular belief, it does not take a lot of money to look good. Simply eat a healthy diet, treat your skin before bed each night, brush your hair, and ensure that your clothing is clean and pressed.
- If you are concerned about your appearance, try to fix it. If you are unhappy with your nose, contour it with makeup. If you are unhappy with your hips or tummy, purchase a body shaper in addition to eating healthier and getting some exercise. Almost all body issues can be addressed quite inexpensively.
3. Surround yourself with positivity. Surround yourself with people who care about you and appreciate you. If your friends and family are constantly giving you unwarranted criticism, this can undoubtedly lead to low self-esteem. Have a talk with the people in your life about how negatively their harsh comments affect you. If they truly care for you, they will put an end to it immediately.
- Some people are simply hardwired to dish out negativity. If your circle includes people like this, you may have to distance yourself a bit from the negative influences in your life.
- Your loved ones are not required to praise you in order to be on your priority list, but your efforts to give yourself a healthy ego boost will fall short if you are constantly being torn down by the negativity of others.
- Rediscover an old hobby or find a brand new one. By involving yourself with something you enjoy, you’re creating your own positivity. You will feel better about yourself as you increase your happiness.
Developing a healthy ego may seem like a simple concept, but many people struggle with insecurity and self-doubt. However, if you are able to effectively implement the strategies listed above, you will that notice your self-esteem rise quickly.