You are the sky.
– it’s just the weather.
Does it sometimes seem like everything is in disarray? Regardless of how hard you try, you just do not seem to be able to eliminate the chaos. In your mind, you are probably thinking that just too many things are happening at once. But, have you stopped to consider an alternate explanation for the chaos? Perhaps… just maybe, it has absolutely nothing to do with the number of things happening. Instead, it may simply be due to how you organize your time.
The opportunity to turn chaos into relative calm is often within reach. Here are a few simple, yet effective, organization tips, that can help you experience a complete turnaround.
1. Breathing room. Allow yourself some time to breathe. It is very easy to get overwhelmed! This is especially true if you are not able to squeeze a little breathing time into your schedule. Breathing time refers to those moments you get to stop and re-collect yourself.
- Take a break. Have a laugh with friends or watch an episode of your favorite TV show.
- Breathing allows you to re-center yourself and gain renewed energy. When you do this, you will be able to take on each new challenge as if it were the first.
2. Find your focus, and put in on productivity. It is all too easy to become distracted by the noise and happenings around you. And sometimes it is the noise itself that gives you that anxious feeling of chaos. Instead of trying to give everything your attention, try to focus on the things that matter most.
- It is very hard to be productive with many things happening at the same time. Hand-pick the things that are important and kindly ask or move everything else to take a back seat.
- It is much better to accomplish a few meaningful things each day than to dabble in a thousand irrelevant tasks, and ultimately accompluish nothing.
- You will feel more at ease at the end of the day when you produce your desired results.
3. Prioritize. Take inventory of all of the things you need to get done. You have already established that everything else is “noise.” Now, take a moment to rank the to-do items in terms of their importance.
- Always do first things first. The things that are most important need to be at the top of the list.
- You will find that this approach helps you to calmly focus on one thing at a time. Knowing that you have made time for each item is important to your progress. It allows you to relax while doing each one instead of feeling anxious about something getting left behind.
- Try to complete each item before moving to the other. Choosing to abandon this strategy can easily result in the chaos returning!
4. Ask for help. This is perhaps the most difficult thing for people to do, but it is also the easiest way to turn chaos into calming balance. Sure, you want to do it all yourself. But maybe that is a wholly unrealistic desire. Look around you. Ask those trustworthy people around you to lend a hand.
- If you know people who are responsible, you will be able to trust them with helping you. Just explain to them what you want to accomplish. They will in all likelihood be able to help you get the job done.
- When you ask for help, you will almost automatically begin to relax. And That is because you know stuff is getting done in an acceptable manner and timeframe. Taking this approach gives you enough time to concentrate fully on other things.
It is possible to make it through your busy life without feeling burned out. It is fairly simple if you look for ways, such as these suggestions, to make steps for reducing chaos. Once you change your approach, you can expect calmness to take over. Finally, you can give your mind and body some well-deserved relief!