People who soar are those who refuse to sit back,
sigh and wish things would change.
They neither complain of their lot
nor passively dream of some
distant ship coming in.
they visualize in their minds that they are
they will not allow life’s circumstances
to push them down and hold them under.
In order to achieve your larger goals in life, you must be willing to think big. You should dream big and envision your goals to make them happen. Achieving your targets and goals is best achieved when you can imagine every detail of what it is you want to achieve. When you are busily working toward bringing your goals to life, you will also feel happier and more fulfilled on your journey. Because, as we have all come to know, the journey is the thing, and not the destination.
Here are a few steps to help[ you bring your goals to fruition by envisioning what you want in life:
1. Close your eyes and imagine your future. Where do you see yourself in a year from now? Five years? Ten? Try to think as far ahead as you comfortably can. Do you see yourself with a family, children, a steady job, and a college degree in ten years?
- Try to have as vivid a visualization as you can. Pay attention to every little detail, and let your dreams come to life in your mind, showing you what matters most to you.
- Think about where you want to be in the future and how you want to get there.
2. Write down everything that you have envisioned. Use as much detail as you can when jotting down what you remember. Write down the most important achievements that you focused on, but also write out the details about each. What matters most to you?
- Make note of the things that stood out in your visualization. Did you own your own home? Were you raising a family? Did you have a job that made you happy? Were you making a comfortable income? What other details stood out? How did you feel?
3. Create a list of bullet points. Do this for each separate achievement that you wrote about following your visualization. For example, if one of your achievements is “I own my own home,” then you can list things like you are successfully saving for a down payment, that you are making monthly mortgage payments, and that you have steady income.
4. Break each of these bullet points down into goals. For example, if one bullet point is to save for a down payment for the home you visualized, how can you get this done? Create savings goals that will allow you to work toward having a down payment for your home.
5. Lay out your plan. Once you have a list of long term, medium term, and short term goals in mind, create a plan accordingly. How will you achieve these goals? How will you bring the life that you visualized into existence? Divide your large goals into achievable steps.
6. Start achieving goals TODAY! Put your future plans into action today. Make a promise to yourself that you will take a small step each day toward the future you have envisioned. Move forward every day, even if you are only taking one small step at a time.
7. Revisit your plan regularly. Visualizations, dreams, and hopes change over time. Revisit the plan that you laid out and the future goals that you have dreamed of on a consistent basis to ensure that they remain relevant over time. It is okay to change your dreams and goals based on your needs and desires as they change.
Visualizing the “dream you” is an excellent way to bring your goals to the forefront of your mind and your actions when you are trying to determine what matters to you most.
When you can picture what your desired life looks like, you can better determine the goals you need to set and the specific actions needed to achieve them. All it takes are small steps toward your desired future self, and you can achieve the life you deserve!
To your continued success!!!