Life is a bowl of cherries.
Some cherries are rotten while others are good;
its your job to throw out the rotten ones and forget about them
while you enjoy eating the ones that are good!
There are two kinds of people:
those who choose to throw out the good cherries and
wallow in all the rotten ones,
and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones
and savor all the good ones.
One of the best ways to achieve your goals is to surround yourself with positive people. The energy these people have to tap into never seems to let them down, and they are achieving the great goals in life that they desire and dream about.
Positive people can help you stay on track and energize you toward your own goals. Many times these successful people share the same goals that you have and are happy to pass on their wisdom and their techniques. So how do you find these positive, like-minded people?
Here are 5 tips to help you find them, network with them, and glean valuable information and advice from them:
1. Smile. I know, that sounds silly, but smiling puts forth an image that instantly draws people toward you, especially other positive people. Having and showcasing a good perspective of life’s ups and downs makes other people want to be around you. Positivism can sometimes be a difficult frame of mind to sustain, and so, people are always looking for a way to be more optimistic.
Staying positive is one of the building blocks of achieving your successes, as its opposite, negativity, is a futile and destructive mindset. Smile and you will most assuredly attract other positive people!
2. Communicate more positively. Although everyone has rough days when nothing seems to be going right, the last thing you want do is spend all of your time whining and complaining. No one likes to spend time with those people, right?
For example, if someone were to ask you in a friendly manner, “How are you today?” Resist the urge to shoot back that “life stinks” or that you’re just “alive” or something to that effect. Instead, take a moment – and a deep breath – and then reply with some shred of optimism, even if you are having a tough day. After all, positive people don’t waste their time or energy on complainers or negative people.
Even if you are not feeling all that positive, by remaining optimistic in your outlook you will still attract positive people and energy to you.
3. Think more positively. Keeping a level head on your trek toward success is one of the keys to reaching your objectives. Thinking positively – even through times of disappointment – will enable you to find the good, or at least some good, in every situation and attract the positive people who share your vision.
Even if you do not really subscribe to these positive thoughts at first, or if you find that positive thinking difficult, sooner or later making yourself think more positively will create a pattern of positive thoughts in your brain.
Every person has energy within them, and you have the choice to use it constructively or destructively. If you want to attract positive people to network with, then you will begin to notice that they try to remain upbeat and optimistic, even during difficult times.
4. Act more positively. It isn’t enough to smile, communicate, and think more positively while pursuing your goal. You must also put forth some actions to substantiate this positivism.
For example, perhaps you thought you would have gotten a promotion in the past, but then you sat idly by while someone else snatched it up. This time, you will transform those positive thoughts into positive action!
Showing your superiors and colleagues that you are proactive and positive will set you up for more successes.
5. Reach Out. And finally, reach out to people at your work, in your circle of friends, or even to people you don’t know well who seem to exemplify positivism. Ask them what it is that makes them continue to have such a positive outlook and persona while reaching their objectives.
Seeking out positive people will not only give you valuable information to help you reach your own goals and objectives, but you will also become a successful person with your own network of positive friends and role models.
Being positive and exemplifying positivism attracts others. After all, like attracts like.
People enjoy being around others with similar attitudes and, by maintaining a positive mindset, you will surely lead yourself to those successful people you seek.