Today expect something good to happen to you no matter
what occurred yesterday.
Realize the past no longer holds you captive.
It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it.
Let the past go.
A simply abundant world awaits.
Have you ever noticed that some people you know seem to have more positivity in their lives than others? They seem to overflow with goodness and abundance. Looking at them, you may find yourself wondering, “What’s their secret? They have such a great life. I want my life to be better, too.”
You might have thought the people who seem to have so much spiritually, physically, and emotionally thrive by luck alone. Good things just seem to happen to them. But, great things can happen to you, too, and there are specific actions that you can take to attract positivity and invite more of it into your own life!
Glad you asked…
1. Get yourself organized. When you keep all the things you own in order, everyday living is easier and less stressful. My oldest brother used to torture me with his favorite phrase, “There is a place for everything and everything is in its place.” Well, the fact of the matter is that this leaves room in your life for abundance.
2. Throw out old stuff. If you don’t use it anymore, get rid of it! Clear out the clothing, appliances, gadgets, and anything else you no longer need. Things that are old, broken, or unable to be cleaned up properly are just taking up space you could use for something that has more value to you.
3. Give some of your stuff away. Whether you pass along magazines that you have already looked at or clothing that no longer fits you properly, spread some of the abundance that you already possess. When you give to others, your heart opens up and good things can more easily make their way into your life.
4. Find a home. Find a place for possessions that are important to you. Provide each of your cherished items with a “home” within your home. When you take care of what you have, you are acknowledging and showing respect for the abundance that’s already in your life.
5. Use what you have. Take advantage of the items that you have collected over the years. You obviously see them as having some value, so why not put them to good use? You will feel more positive about life and will get in touch with the abundance you already have when you make use of your possessions the way they were meant to be used.
6. Stop mindless buying. Make a vow to avoid compulsively buying the next new, shiny, “have-to-have-it-now” gadget. If you are finding that you always want the latest item on the market, it is time to take a look inside yourself and see what that’s really all about. And don’t forget to remind yourself of all the other “stuff” that you have already accumulated that you don’t use any more. After all, they were at one time the next new, shiny, “have-to-have-it-now” thing.
Take some time to start figuring out how you feel whenever you are itching to buy another new item. Remind yourself that you will hamper your efforts to invite abundance into your life if you just keep spending your money frivolously on random stuff.
7. Needs vs Wants. This is almost always a painful subject for people to deal with. Ask yourself seriously, what you need in your life right now. Learn to distinguish clearly between the “wants” and “needs.” If you start doing this consciously, you will find that it actually takes very little to live a good life with purpose and abundance. As you learn to determine when you truly need something, you will experience more confidence in your own abilities to usher in abundance.
You may be surprised to learn that in order to invite abundance into your life, it involves some fairly simple steps. There is no magical secret to happiness. Anyone can cultivate it.
As you begin to truly cherish your current possessions and take care of your home, you will find yourself loving your world, your circumstances and yourself more than ever. Your mind will be in tune with abundance and attract more of the same. You will begin living the abundant life that you define, and that you have always dreamed of!