“Things turn out best for people who make the best
out of the way things turn out”
Affirmation: I make the best of all situations.
“Whatever life sends my way, I know that I am up to the task. I am thankful for my resourcefulness, resilience, and strength of character. Because I have these traits, I can make the best of all situations.
I have learned much over my lifetime about how to live resourcefully, and I have many tools at my disposal. My creativity is an enormous asset to me in resolving the issues in my life. I am adept at finding new solutions and resources.
When I have occasion to feel challenged in a particular situatrion or circumstance, I nourish myself so that I feel stronger and more capable. Whether I need rest, food, time alone, a listening ear, or even a hug, I promptly move to meet my needs.
If a situation ultimately resolves in a way that I find less than desirable, I know that I can trust in my own ability to make the best of it.
Resilience is a characteristic that I have strengthen by living through, overcoming and surviving many different kinds of things, and I continue to cultivate it by consciously choosing to face my challenges with a positive attitude.
No matter what happens in my life, I know that I am always free to always choose my response. Since positivity is a critical part of the life I want to live, I elect to face situations with a smile on my face. I stand strong, firm and optimistic however the wind blows.
Today, I am thankful for all of the blessings that have come into my life.
I cultivate resourcefulness and resilience. Each day, I am committed to making the best of every situation that comes my way.”
Homework: Self-Reflection Questions
1. What are some of the ways in which I can nourish myself today?
2. What are three major situations in my life that I have chosen to make the best of, and in which I feel good about my response?
3. How can I continue to increase my confidence in my ability to live with resourcefulness and resilience?
Bonus: John Wooden’s Seven Point Creed, given to him by his father upon his graduation from grammar school:
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
Comment and share, please. See you next week…